Pittwater House is an independent, Pre-School to Year 12 school which offers families a unique educational choice. Our structure is very different from other schools, allowing us to achieve a balance which features the advantages of single-sex classes within a co-educational environment.
Pittwater House has pioneered this approach based on an understanding that boys and girls learn differently and as a result we are able to tailor teaching styles to suit these differences, while also bringing boys and girls together for a range of activities and interactions. Pittwater House is a smaller school, fostering individual attention for each student and a real understanding of each student's abilities, talents and expectations.
We have a reputation for our strong academic approach. What differentiates Pittwater House is that we provide quality education that caters for every student's individual learning needs, including gender, ability and styles of learning.
Pittwater House has more open and green space on campus per student than any other private school on the Northern Beaches. We have outstanding sporting facilities on campus with an 8 lane short course heated swimming pool, full size oval and large multipurpose playing field, multiple playgrounds for pre-school, junior school and free space for senior students, our Great Hall, state of the art indoor sports complex and all weather courts for tennis, netball and basketball.
Strong Focus Area
- Gifted and Talented Program
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Information Technology
- French and Mandarin for Year 8 onwards
- For Senior School (HSC) students Chinese Continuers and Background Speakers are offered.
3 Reasons To Choose Us
- We offer a unique twin school environment in which the Boys Grammar School and the Girls College mix on the same campus but are predominantly educated in single-sex classes, showcasing the best teaching practices of both approaches.
- We have a strong academic focus at Pittwater House and the pursuit of academic excellence is fundamental to the structure of the academic program and is complemented by extensive pastoral and leadership opportunities. Our academic approach is constantly reviewed and refined to accommodate best practice in and beyond the classroom.
- Superior facilities and room to move. On our 3.5 hectare campus, we offer an eight lane 25 metre heated swimming pool, large multi-purpose playing field (full-size oval), multiple playgrounds catering for various ages, free space for senior students, the 'Great Hall' a multi-purpose hall, an indoor sports complex and outdoor courts for tennis and netball.
- Pittwater House provides opportunities for students selected by their teachers as having special abilities. Our teachers identifiy the strengths and weaknesses of individual students and establishes initiatives for individual teaching programs
- We are committed to implementing procedures that respect and cater for innate talents of all children from Kindergarten to Year 12
- Our staff collaboratively consult with parents, school professionals and the student where appropriate to consider the student's current level of performance, determine needs and decide on the student's learning priorities
- We aim to create a nurturing, enjoyable, motivating and appropriate learning environment for the full range of diverse talent among students.
- We also appropriately challenge and stimulate students in their school environment where needed, and have school wide enrichment opportunities for them within their classrooms to discover and develop their special aptitude.