SELC Australia was founded in 1985 in Sydney making us one of the longest established colleges in Australia. We are proud to have welcomed over 38,000 students from over 35 countries since opening our doors. With almost 30 years of making a difference by providing quality education services, SELC now has career colleges in Sydney, Australia and Vancouver, Canada.
- General Intensive English
- IELTS Preparation Program
- Intensive Cambridge Test Preparation
- English for Costumer Services Communication Academic English Program
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Certificate III and Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Sydney, Central Business District
- Sydney, Bondi Campus
Points of Difference
SELC: since 1985
Over the last thirty years, SELC has developed its own unique atmosphere which separates us from larger, less personal schools in Australia and internationally. With the range and quality of the facilities SELC has to offer, students immediately gain a sense of the more personal and nurturing learning environment which is an integral part of SELC’s culture.
- Nationality mix
Quality and Variety
Our dedication to academic excellence and personal service provides every kind of language learner with an unforgettable, unique learning and cultural experience. SELC is large enough to provide a wide range of interesting courses, excellent facilities and highly qualified, experienced teachers, yet still small enough to provide individual, personalised and friendly service to students of all ages and cultures from over 35 non-English-speaking backgrounds from all parts of Europe, Asia and South America. This diverse cultural mix helps to create the college’s special atmosphere. We offer students the chance to learn English and also to learn about cultures from all over the world.
Academic Excellence and Support
At SELC every student is provided with a unique opportunity to improve their English ability and see a more rapid progression during their course in all language skills as a result of:
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers- SELC teachers are all university graduates and experienced certified second language instructors qualified who take part in an ongoing professional development program.
- The structure of our 4 and 5 week programs which include skills electives and extra workshops- suitable for students on any type of visa with a variety of different goals for their language learning
- Academic counselling and progress reports for all SELC students from day one of every SELC student’s English program provide a high level of support
English Only Policy- Learn to think in English
When students arrive at SELC for their first day orientation we begin their introduction to Australian lifestyle and culture by providing encouragement to begin ‘thinking in English’ both in and outside the classroom, ‘immersing’ themselves in the language.
Inside SELC our English Only policy is positively reinforced and students are rewarded for interacting in English with our friendly teachers and staff as well as students from other nationalities but most importantly with students from their own nationality at all times.